Although thousands themes available, You may want to create your own theme. Make something different from others. You can customize from exist theme or build from zero. In this post, we will learn about wordpress theme from zero. from blank page. Let's do it.
Ok, in this post, we create blank page. We just want to look very basic file structure at wordpress theme. We don't write any code. Don't worry, next post, we begin to write some lines code.
- Create a folder named "my_theme" within \wordpress\wp-content\themes. It means we will create a theme named "my_theme".
- Create a file named "index.php" within \wordpress\wp-content\themes\my_theme.
- Create a file named "style.css" within \wordpress\wp-content\themes\my_theme.
- Open style.css use your text editor. Add some description like Theme name, Theme URI, Author, Author URL ... etc
- Now, activate your theme.
Don't worry if you just get blank page.
Post a Comment